We are currently seeking a CNC Swiss Lathe Machinist working on a Citizen brand Screw Machine, for our facility in Ontario, CA. This position will be working from blueprints, sketches or drawings and performing duties to set up and operate Citizen brand CNC Swiss Lathe machines.
Must be willing to work overtime when required to meet customer demands.
Essential Functions of the Position:
- Analyze and interpret blueprint, specifications or sample parts to determine dimensions and tolerances of finished work pieces, CNC machines such as C16, K16
- Pulls required fixtures, holding devices and materials. Inserts tool holders or installs pre-set tools in machine
- Continued improvement in inspection techniques and ability to identify cause or problem or need for correction;
- Works with programmer to resolve programming problems during machining process.
- Participation in continuous improvement
- Other tasks as directed by management
- Ensure safety and quality considerations and requirements are pro-actively addressed and implemented in product production processes
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move physical inventory weighting up to 30 pounds.
- The employee must be able to spend long periods of time standing.
- Plan machine set ups, position work piece and operate various CNC machine through production runs to form specified quantities of piece parts to specified tolerances. Deburr parts as needed.
- Perform first piece inspections and make necessary adjustment to machine to ensure parts are formed to designated tolerances.
Requirements (education, prior work experience, special skills, etc.)
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Minimum 7 years machine shop experience
- Minimum 7 year's experience setting up and operating CNC Swiss Screw machines.
- Must have a thorough knowledge of Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerance, print reading, and mathematics
- Knowledge of SPC.
- Must have the knowledge of using hand tools, indicators, micrometers, calipers, deburring tools, etc.
- Ability to read machine programs.