We are currently seeking a CNC machinist who knows how to fully set up and operate HAAS DS-30Y Lathe, for our facility in Ontario, CA. This position will be working from blueprints, sketches or drawings and performing duties to set up, troubleshoot programs on the machine and operate, while producing parts to specification, verify parts with extremely close tolerance dimensions, and specifications. Must be willing to work overtime when required to meet customer demands.
Essential Functions of the Position:
- Analyze and interpret blueprint, specifications or sample parts to determine dimensions and tolerances of finished work pieces Complies with quality systems, including correctly completing all related documents.
- Pulls required fixtures, holding devices and materials. Inserts tool holders or installs pre-set tools in machine
- Continued improvement in inspection techniques and ability to identify cause or problem or need for correction;
- Check for machine readiness to ensure functionality and performance
- Works with programmer to resolve programming problems during machining process.
- Participation in continuous improvement
- Other tasks as directed by management
- Ensure safety and quality considerations and requirements are pro-actively addressed and implemented in product production processes
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move physical inventory weighting up to 30 pounds.
- The employee must be able to spend long periods of time standing.
- Plan machine set ups, position work piece and operate various CNC machine through production runs to form specified quantities of piece parts to specified tolerances. Deburr parts as needed.
- Perform first piece inspections and make necessary adjustment to machine to ensure parts are formed to designated tolerances.
- Adheres to all workplace safety guidelines, policies, and laws determined by the company, state, and federal authorities
- Report problems, discrepancies, anomalies in a timely manner.
- Work independently, follows instructions, can concentrate for long periods of time
- Strong attention to detail.
- Able to use a drop indicator, calipers, and micrometer for measuring
- Able to lapp parts to achieve dimension and flatness
Requirements (education, prior work experience, special skills, etc.)
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Minimum 10 years experience in machine shop environment.
- Minimum 5 years experience in HAAS and Mill Machines.
- Machine shop math (Trigonometry and basic math).
- Ability to read blueprints. Trained on GD&T