As a key part of the integrated design build team, you will work to drive high quality, efficient and quick delivery of energy and distributed generation projects across North America.
Summary of Position:
As the Civil Project Engineer, you are responsible as Engineer of record in the overall civil design of energy projects from conception to completion. Utilizing a small team of staff civil designers, you will apply your experience in: site layout, grading, utility design and profiles, erosion and sediment control, SWPPP preparation, and stormwater management for battery storage, solar, combined heat and power, generators, electric vehicle charging, hydrogen fueling and other energy related projects to solve civil design challenges and help secure necessary construction permits for on time and successful project execution. As part of a multi-disciplined design/build firm, you will be coordinating with electrical engineers, mechanical engineers, structural engineers, contractors, and construction project managers.
- Act as civil engineer of record for energy related projects.
- Adhere to client requirements, code requirements and site adjustments in the production of civil engineering construction documents
- Manage civil designer teams' work assignments, schedules, quality, and supportteam on civil related matters as required.
- Provide training and mentorship to civil design team.
- Produce full site plans, calculations, and reports and resolve complex design challenges with limited direction.
- Conduct site visits and generate reports and recommendations based on findings.
- Coordinate and contract with sub-consultants for specialty services as required.
- Provide client interaction support.
- Problem solve and respond to construction RFI's and submittals.
- Assist in coordinating the work of a multi-disciplined team throughout the design development and contract document phases of projects.
- Coordinate and meet with authorities having jurisdiction.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering required
- Licensure as Professional Civil Engineer (P.E.) required
- 10+ years of experience with civil design for commercial and/or energy projects.
- Strong organization and communication skills
- Software: AutoCAD and MS Office required; Civil3D, TR-20, TR-55, HEC-1, HydroCAD, Hydraflow, HEC-RAS, WaterCAD, and other design software a plus.
- Demonstrate a practical and functional knowledge of municipal codes.
- Travel up to 20%
- Ability to lift up to 10 lbs.
- Must be able to access and navigate job sites and construction areas
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer