- Determine the potential of new technologies and possible applications for both new business requirements and enhancement to existing products.
- Study existing technologies for alternative application in unusual and non-standard ways.
- Rapidly determine feasibility of various technologies for potential application in new product design.
- Provide technical leadership and collaboration in complex electronic and mechanical hardware design, verification and production.
- Ability to present complex ideas and technical results at an appropriate level for any given audience.
- Assess intellectual property potential of all ongoing engineering activities.
- Assesses industry standards and advises project teams of the potential effect on new product development and existing products.
- Knowledge and understanding of the measurement and control industry.
- Understanding of metrology including measurement system uncertainty analysis.
- Advanced knowledge of a wide variety of sensing methods and underlying physics.
- Understanding of material science and materials testing.
- Knowledge of the properties of plastics, injection molding a plus.
- Knowledge of solid state physics and electronics as it applies to sensing technologies.
- Systems modeling and simulation.
- Fundamentals of E&M fields and modeling.
- Fundamentals of CFM and associated models.
Education & Experience:
Advanced technical education in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry along with related work experience, (e.g. PhD and 12 years related work experience, Master and 16 years related work experience).
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Other Skills and Abilities
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.