Job Title: Operations Manager
Summary Job Description:
Directs plans, develops, and controls the operations of the business organization in accordance with the goals and objectives determined in the annual business plan. Incumbent has direct responsibility for operations, shipping and receiving and inventory management with in a "Lean Manufacturing Environment. Incumbent works in consort with the Engineering, Accounting, Procurement and the Sales Department in achieving the overall business and financial performance goals.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead process simplifications processes as required to reduce non-value-added effort, improve overall company performance, and help support the launch of new products.
- Establish/sustain lean manufacturing principles to implement operational flexibility, point of use storage for process inventory, 5S, Kanban material replenishment systems, etc.
- Participate / lead Kaizen events within areas of responsibility to help drive continuous improvements.
- Plan business objectives within areas of responsibility and coordinate operations between functions to establish responsibilities and procedures for attaining objectives.
- Ensure increasing levels of customer and employee satisfaction while improving the efficiency of Client, materials, product quality while reducing overall warranty expense.
- Enhance and/or develop, implement, and enforce policies and procedures by way of systems that will improve the overall operation efficiency, safety and effectiveness of the business unit.
- Participate in the development of the company's plans and programs as a strategic contributor.
- Establish credibility throughout the organization with Leadership as an effective developer of solutions to business challenges.
- Ensure strategic plan for "cross training of workforce is developed and implemented.
Qualifications (Education & Experience):
- Bachelor's degree preferably with a technical foundation from an accredited four year university and a Six Sigma Black Belt.
- 5-7 years progressively more responsible positions within a manufacturing environment with a proven track record of accomplishment.
- Must have In-depth knowledge of lean manufacturing concepts, including Kanban, point of use storage, and the development/implementation of dedicated single piece flow assembly lines.
- Preferable working knowledge and application of 80/20 principles.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- Position requires routine interface on the production floor with the necessity of standing, walking, reaching with hands and arms
Quality Statements for Job Descriptions:
Follow established policies and procedures as outlined in Company's Quality Manual and associated documents.
Participate in quality assurance and business improvement activities, including training and improvement projects as defined by the organization.