Creates and maintains highly complex and exacting programs for the operation of computerized numerically controlled (CNC) machines. Translates and converts methods data to prepare programs for the multiple spindle and complex machining operations on a diversified line of work for CNC or numerically controlled machines largely through the application of established and predetermined reference data. Acts as liaison to the departments to assist in providing an uninterrupted flow of scheduled work and required materials. Train and support machine shop personnel in producing quality products and on-time delivery to our customer.
Essential Functions of the Position:
- Organizes operational data as submitted by engineers, or when so directed, utilizes documented standard data as it applies to align and code operations, tooling identification, indexing sequences, speeds and feeds for data entry.
- Documents established program standards. Prepares instruction sheets for machine operators, maintains library records and references incidental to the assignment.
- Create programs, set-up sheets, and tooling diagrams/sketches for all numerical controlled equipment for maximum efficiency of the machine.
- Create Set up Verification processes and run charts for SPC.
- Creating and organize routers as required
- Actively participate in engineering design reviews by verifying design manufacturability
- Support manufacturing engineering and manufacturing management and actively participate in the continual improvement process.
- Ensure employee safety by fostering safe work behaviors and a safe working environment.
- Report problems, discrepancies, anomalies from program deficiencies or inefficiencies in a timely manner.
- Help train and support shop personnel.
- Other duties as assigned.
Must be willing to work overtime when required to meet customer demands.
Complies with quality systems, including correctly completing all related documents.
Requirements (education, prior work experience, special skills, etc.)
- High School graduate or equivalent. Machining and programming Certification required.
- 5 -10 years programming experience with minimum 7 years experience in machine shop
- 1 – 3 years of experience in a lead role.
- Proficient in machine shop math (trigonometry and basic math)
- Proficient in GD&T
- Ability to lead and train CNC machinists with the skill to troubleshoot CNC machines.
- Expert user of programs such as "Virtual Gibbs”, Feature CAM /or PartMaker programming systems.