Full Time, Exempt
The Manufacturing Engineer creates and documents procedures used to manufacture assemble process and test customer product per customer requirements.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Analyzes and researches customer requirements and specifications from purchase order.
- Confers with Programming and Manufacturing concerning product design and tooling to ensure efficient production methods.
- Creates manufacturing orders (MOs), noting all sequential processes required to produce a product from raw material into a finished item, as well as
- the machine type or work center performing each sequential operation;
- special tooling, skills, or outside processing required;
- verification operations at the appropriate sequence;
- key characteristic requirements.
- Revises planning as needed to address drawing revisions or requests from the customer, Manufacturing, or Quality Assurance.
- Generates re-work MOs to correct defective parts.
- Provides problem-solving support to manufacturing personnel.
- Provides technical support to personnel in reading and interpreting engineering drawings and specifications.
- Acts as liaison between Manufacturing and customers in answering questions.
- Follows all safety guidelines established by the Company, including proper use of safety equipment and relevant safety procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Able to reorder priorities in accordance with changing work conditions and customer requirements.
- Able to multi-task and work well without supervision.
- Use good judgment and common sense to make numerous daily decisions.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Coordinates and collaborates with all other departments of the Company.
- Must be self-motivated and possess strong organizational skills.
- Anticipates internal and external customer needs, gives high priority to customer satisfaction and service.
- Preferred - Degree in Bachelor's of Science, Manufacturing or Industrial Engineering.
- Strong background in MS Access, CAD software (CATIA, Unigraphics).Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Project, Outlook,
- Strong background in machining techniques
- Experience reading blueprints and geometric dimensioning and tolerancing (GD&T) data.
- Preferred experience in Syteline or equivalent ERP system.
- Working knowledge of Lean principles such as single piece flow, kanban systems, and 5S.
- Use of computer keyboard and mouse throughout the work day.
- Lifting up to 35 pounds.
- Some travel to customer locations is required.
- The Manufacturing Engineer is required to enter the machine shop environment at times throughout the workday; this environment may include exposure to noise, dust, fumes, vapor from coolant, etc.
- Possible skin and inhaled contact with various sealants, paints, adhesives, and other chemicals may occur.
- Industry standard safety equipment is provided by the Company, and specific notice is posted in areas where safety equipment is required.
- Safety training is required and provided by the Company in accordance with applicable law, industry standards, and Company policy.