The Mechanical Engineer is responsible for drafting/design function for the development of new and existing products as well as providing technical support to other areas of the company. The Mechanical Engineer will have comprehensive knowledge of engineering processes and practices.
- Work in conjunction with Designers and Engineers to help develop all aspects of a project.
- Generate detailed designs and drawings, concepts, and new product mechanisms in both 2D and 3D.
- FEA (finite element analysis) experience and use to optimize designs.
- Resolve design/drawing issues.
- Develop the required documentation during development and for transfer to production (models, detail drawings, diagrams, BOM, assembly procedures, etc.).
- Interface with the client as need on various projects.
- Communicates job requirements and design intent to others on operation of systems.
- Ensure corrective actions for mechanical design issues are addressed appropriately.
- Participate in company safety meetings and safety awareness as well as Lean manufacturing meetings.
- Bachelor's degree (BS) in Mechanical Engineering.
- Two or more years of design and drafting experience.
- Two or more years of hydraulic experience.
- Solidwork experience a must , Inventor experience a plus.
- Strong analytical, mechanical and troubleshooting skills.
- Proven experience working with 3D design/drafting.
- Ability to communicate clearly to both technical and nontechnical audiences.