The IT Systems Administrator ensures that all systems adhere to industry best practices for security compliance, operational efficiency, and high-availability. This requires a combination of good communication skills, ability to work collaboratively with teams, and exhibiting strong customer service skills in a professional manner.
Identify and Analyze
- Accountable for the daily operations, support, backup, recovery and efficiency of server systems, data stores, and related enterprise framework.
- Applies systems analysis techniques and problem solving skills, to determine hardware, software or system functional specifications.
- Participate and own portions of campus-wide continuity plans and procedures related to data center operations.
- Plan, coordinate, and implement system security measures, procedures, and checklists.
- Research technologies, prepare proposals, and develop plans for improvement projects.
Plan and Execute
- Develop and maintain installation, configuration, and maintenance procedures and checklists.
- Develop and adhere to change management processes, logging, and approval structures.
- Develop and maintain disaster recovery procedures, checklists, and test plans.
- Provide support for technical issues, take task ownership, and facilitate till properly resolved.
- Repair and recover from hardware or software failures.
- Provide remote and after hours diagnostic help when required to support operations.
- Train and mentor peers and fellow employees about technology services and potential uses of technology.
- Maintain current and accurate inventory of technology hardware, software and resources.
- Establish work priorities and manage to quality, schedule, and budget with understanding of project management methods.
Other Essential Functions
- Create and maintain a service catalog of enterprise applications supporting daily and tournament operations.
- Manage system user accounts, inventory records, and vendor support call tree.
- Maintain highest degree of user satisfaction in computer and software operations.
- Maintain accurate record keeping of support requests, notes, and backlog of work activity.
- Participate in special projects as required.
Qualifications (required unless stated otherwise):
Ability to maintain absolute confidentiality is essential.
- VMWare and Microsoft based virtualization knowledge is essential. VMWare preferred.
- Excellent knowledge of Windows technologies: Windows Server, Active Directory, DNS, Group Policy, Power Shell, NTFS.
- Utilize knowledge of storage technologies. EMC storage management experience a plus.
- Utilize knowledge of disaster recovery techniques, restore point and time objectives, and align expectations with business service level agreements.
- Utilize knowledge of backup methodologies, virtualization specific backup products.
- Utilize knowledge to define, implement, and monitor high available enterprise hardware and software.
- Utilize knowledge of Telephone PBX, Voicemail, and Unified Communications platforms. Avaya experience preferred.
- Maintain technical skill set as required to achieve the highest degree of stakeholder satisfaction.
Strong team player with the ability to work in a fast paced cross-functional team.
Excellent communication (written and verbal) and presentation skills.
Demonstrated ability to meet challenging deadlines; anticipates busy schedules and communicates with other members of the department to complete assignments on time.
Detail oriented and ability to adapt to change.
Demonstrated ability to work independently and in team environments.
- High School diploma required. Bachelor's Degree in technology, business, or related field preferred.
- 5+ years of experience in server technology related roles, preferably within retail, hospitality or related industries.
- Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE) preferred.
- Microsoft Exchange experience preferred. SQL Server management experience a plus.
- OSI model experience; especially layer 2 switching experience required.