|TITLE:||Front End Software Engineer|
|REPORTS TO:||Development Manager|
I. Purpose of Position
- Design and development of web based applications and frameworks
II. Key Responsibilities
- Drive and develop User Experience standards for cloud based products.
- Design and develop feature functionality for our client's Cloud web Portal.
- Gather on-site requirements from internal product owners. Translate the requirements into functional and product specifications for Cloud web Portal.
- Research, identify and define opportunities to integrate new technology into Cloud web Portal.
- Contribute to the definition and development of Global Cloud standards and procedures, and to help shape best practices in user experience and re usability.
- Daily interaction with other members of the Cloud Team.
IV. Measures of Performance
- Results achieved measured against annual objectives through quarterly and annual performance reviews.
- Quality measured by defect rate against software delivered and amount of rework required.
- Productivity Performance will be measured based on individual tasks completed on time and initial requirements completion.
- Design/Development Leadership measured by ability to drive adoption of Cloud standards across global organizations, as dictated by the client's Cloud Design Architect.
- Innovation measured by creativity shown in solving problems.
V. Background and Skill
- 4 year degree in Computer Science or related field.
- 10+ years of experience in User Experience Design and Development.
- Ability to understand and work in large code base.
- Experience with Agile/Scrum software development methodologies.
- Experience with UX design patterns and frameworks and RWD.
- Complete understanding of the Web Service Oriented and Service Oriented Architectures.
- Able to read and understand Java and C# code.
- Experience in the retail industry, e-retail, big data.
- Experience working with remote teams.
- Able to travel national and international if the situation requires it.
- Companies in Background: Any Cloud based product companies, especially start-ups.
VI. Personal Trait Profile
- Strong design and problem solving skills.
- Solid written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to work in fast-paced environment with rapidly developing opportunities.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Able to work both independently and in a team environment.
- Detail oriented.